7 replies to this topic

#1 Ed Caggiani

Ed Caggiani

Staff

• Moderators
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

Ok, so I'm currently rockin' the Evo 3D (which I upgraded from the original Evo 4G) and now I think I found my next phone. The Evo 4G LTE is a beast! And the kickstand is back! Yay!

Who else is considering moving from the 3D to the Evo 4G LTE?

Check out Rob's hands-on with the device at Sprint's announcement in NYC.

#2 RobNazarian

RobNazarian

Staff

• Administrators
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

I've never been an HTC fan, but this phone is really nice. Would've liked to see a larger battery in it though, but it will make a lot of EVO owners coming off contracts very happy.

#3 Psywar

Psywar

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSaint Clair, MI

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

I have not read your article yet Rob, but I was under the assumption the HTC Evo LTE was supposed to be a rebrand of the HTC One X?
I also read somewhere it was supposed to sport a 2400ish- Battery (Which I was really looking forward to).

I am still a current HTC Evo 4G Owner. I got this phone 2 years ago in June when it was released. So I am hoping Sprint drops a bomb-ass phone like this for us this June when my 2 year contract is up.
I was hoping for a quad-core though.
So there is a 95% chance that this Evo LTE will be my next phone.

I will be reading your article here in about 5 mins or so.

Posted Image

::HTC Evo 4G Owner::-Rooted w/ Unrevoked-::ROM:: CyanogenMod 7 ::Kernel:: Tiamat v.4.1.0 ::
TalkAndroid.com | Follow @TalkAndroid | TalkAndroid on Facebook | TalkAndroid on G+ | TalkAndroid on YouTube

#4 Psywar

Psywar

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

Very nice!

That S4 Snapdragon Processor is a friggen beast. I went to CES this year with OverclockersClub.com and I got a video of a tablet running that 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 Processor.
Just sweet. My Partner Mark was playing a Multiplayer FPS on it. The Reps over at the Qualcomm booth said the Processor should be powerful enough to support up to 8 people in a game like this.

This is my video from CES:
http://youtu.be/JVCzz0kSZIk?hd=1

Posted Image

::HTC Evo 4G Owner::-Rooted w/ Unrevoked-::ROM:: CyanogenMod 7 ::Kernel:: Tiamat v.4.1.0 ::
TalkAndroid.com | Follow @TalkAndroid | TalkAndroid on Facebook | TalkAndroid on G+ | TalkAndroid on YouTube

#5 Psywar

Psywar

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 197 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:36 AM

Yikes did you see Sprint might be getting the Galaxy Note? I have been thinking about that bad boy as well.
Looks like I will have a couple of choices come June.

Posted Image

#6 Jack Holt

Jack Holt

Staff

• Moderators
  • 66 posts
  • LocationBillings

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

I've never been an HTC fan, but this phone is really nice. Would've liked to see a larger battery in it though, but it will make a lot of EVO owners coming off contracts very happy.

I have to say that I'm a bit miffed by the battery size too. Although I've always been a fan of Sense. Sense 4.0 looks solid from the videos I've seen of it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

(Droid Eris / OG Droid / Droid X / Incredible 2 / Razr / Rezound / Galaxy Nexus / OG Transfomer)

Current ROMS: Nexus - Codename Android 2.0 Nightly w/ Blue Kernel Gnex 2.3 Transformer - Android Revolution HD

Author @ TalkAndroid | Follow @TalkAndroid | Like Us on Facebook | Add Us to Your G+ Circles | Watch Us on YouTube | Follow Me @jackh0lt

#7 matthewdroid023

matthewdroid023

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:17 AM

I checked that phone out and its pretty good but according to the reviews out, it says that the battery time is very less and battery finishes in like 6 hours. I am going for the new HTC which has the latest 4.0.1 android. Its a beast. 8 mp and super phone.

#8 mikearnill

mikearnill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

I love this phone, it is damn cool actually, it have awesome features, smart user controls but have short battery life and that is the only creepy thing in that.
Grow Tent have strong metal framework

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Evo, Evo 4G LTE, Sprint