#1 Eagle6

Eagle6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationN. Lincs England

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:37 AM

I want rid of Groupon and Gmail.
If I uninstall they just sit in the "My apps" section waiting to be upgraded. How do I remove permanently?

#2 kebark

kebark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:47 AM

I think all your doing is "removing them from homescreen" as opposed to deleting them altogether. To remove apps from the Galaxy S2 I found this useful guide http://www.mobilepho...ung-galaxy.html that is worth following :-)

That should work for the Groupon app even if it doesn't help with the Gmail one which I don't think can be removed with out rooting.

#3 Stacy Bruce

Stacy Bruce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

You can remove the Groupon app by going into the Apps menu under settings. Select groupon and hit uninstall. As for the Gmail app. You stuck with that one.

Posted Image

(OG Droid | Droid 2 | Charge | Bionic | Razr | CDMA Galaxy Nexus | Transformer Prime | Galaxy Tab 10.1 | Logitech Revue)

Editor @ TalkAndroid | YouTube | Facebook | Add Us on G+ | Add Me on G+ | @TalkAndroid | @BoyNamedStacy

#4 titanoman

titanoman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

I believe you must be "rooted" to un-install factory apps.

#5 haisir

haisir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

You can remove the Groupon app by going into the Apps menu under settings. Select groupon and hit uninstall. As for the Gmail app. You stuck with that one.

you can't remove factory apps without "rooting"

#6 folium

folium

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

samsung phone is crappy... i cannot play most of games.........

#7 sergeart

sergeart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:58 AM

The problem with Android is that some applications and widgets for some reason install themselves as default application without an option to uninstall.
I have Accuweather that gone wild and I cannot get rid of it. Same with Telenav GPS. I don't want to get rooted - I simply want to be able to remove the apps I no longer need.
Is it too much to ask?