• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mcbeese

Mcbeese

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

I'd like to use my Galaxy Note I to record videos of my favorite bands.  I tried it for the first time not long ago and discovered that there is no audio input leveling so I get great video but the associated audio is a distorted mess (the venues are loud).  My friends iPhone 4 did a great job of leveling the sound input and captured a pretty decent video despite a harsh environment.

If there are settings I'm unaware of for the Note - or any Android apps that do the trick - please let me know!  Surely I'm not the only one with this issue?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can offer!

#2 Noteable

Noteable

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions for you but I am in the same boat. I have a note 2 and I am trying to do the same as you - record at live pub gigs. It appears the spl is too high for these devices and I can find no way of altering the recording level. I found a similar post to this one in another forum but for a Samsung S2. It seems that it may be a samsung problem. Didn't have this problem with my old HTC Desire. It's a real shame as the video quality is top notch but it's ruined by not being able to record sound correctly. I am still having to carry a separate camera around as well as the phone. It would be nice if anyone from Samsung or any Android developers could reaed this and come up with a solution. Lets see how many more people and how many more samsung devices have this problem.
Jim

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mic, Input, Level, Audio, samsung, Galaxy, Note I, Sound, Recording