• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 banjoman

banjoman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

until recently my Galaxy Tab 8.9 (GT-P7300) would happily recognise a usb memory stick connected via the Samsung OTG usb connector, it wold launch the MyFiles app and I could read, write, transfer files

one morning - nothing, no response, I tried reformatting a stick to FAT32, tried various sticks, but still no recognition from my tab

I have searched various forums and tried to access technical support from Samsung (very nearly impossible and no response as yet!!), but not come up with any help or explanation

I can transfer files via Kies and Dropbox, but don't always have access to a PC, for example I might want to transfer some digital photos from my camera or share some files with another person etc...

any ideas please, could be a fault in the connector, but that seems unlikely, it is frustrating and quite inconvemient

#2 ColtonKaiser

ColtonKaiser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

Have you installed any new applications or downloaded anything out of the ordinary recently?
TalkAndroid Author
@ColtonKaiser

#3 banjoman

banjoman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

I've downloaded quite few apps, are you suggesting I uninstall until I regain USB function!?

#4 banjoman

banjoman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

Is there nobody out there with any ideas!!!???

#5 iryna

iryna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

i have the similar problem((((((((((

#6 banjoman

banjoman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:01 AM

I have found an alternative transfer method - no wires! I now use an app called Wi-Fi File Transfer, free and pro versions available on the Play store.

It links to your computer through your wireless wi-fi network (assuming your tablet is connected to you wi-fi) and gives you a URL to enter into the address bar of your browser (on your computer). Then from your computer you can access any file on your tablet - delete it, download it - and transfer files and folders from your computer onto the tablet - its great, very easy and convenient to use.

Hope that helps...